Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Sunday, March 29, 2009
Saturday, March 28, 2009
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
My fellow Bay Arean Chris Beck featured this project on her blog.
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Monday, March 23, 2009
Sunday, March 22, 2009
Saturday, March 21, 2009
Friday, March 20, 2009
Thursday, March 19, 2009
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Saturday, March 14, 2009
Friday, March 13, 2009
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Carrie Jacobson and I are proud to announce the official launch of our Art for the Animals project.
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Monday, March 9, 2009
1. Link to the person who tagged you
2. Post the rules in your blog
3. Write five random things about yourself
4. Tag random people at the end of your post and link to them
5. Let each person know they've been taggedThings about me:
1. I’m part Alaskan Indian. My grandmother was the tribal chieftess for the Eyak tribe in Cordova.
2. My favorite cuisine to eat and cook is Italian.
3. I’ve dabbled in a lot of martial arts but never settled into staying with one. Akido, Kung fu, Kali, Escrima, Tae Kwan Do.
4. I researched and developed the DUI checkpoint program for my former police department. The best times were when we were conducting the checkpoints in freezing weather during Christmas season and we’d keep warm by doing silly dances while we waited for traffic. [Yes, I’m talking about 6 foot brawny cops and me.]
5. One of my most embarrassing moments in my old job was when I was running after a burglary suspect and I slipped and fell into a puddle of mud. We [ okay the other cops] caught the guy but I ended up having to go to the station looking like a mud monster.
So the blogs I'm tagging are....
Angela Elledge, lovely lady and lovely painting style.
Gwen Bell A wonderful artist I discovered through DSFDF.
Carol Nelson Another treasure find from DSFDF
Carrie Griesemer Check out her McGiver set up for her plein air paintings!
Carol Horzempa I love her work and the way she shares her thoughts and process with us.
Sunday, March 8, 2009
Friday, March 6, 2009
I don't know how to tell them, or even where to start,
Of the wondrous gift they gave me, bringing joy to my heart
Some days are dark and lonely...I feel that life's a bore
But those simple words of kindness, have brought sunshine to my door.
Thursday, March 5, 2009
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Monday, March 2, 2009
Thank you Michelle for tagging me again. This one is a little different. She instructed me to go to the sixth photo folder in my computer, take the sixth photo and blog about it. After that list six people to tag.
Sunday, March 1, 2009
Okay so it's I just so happen to post this the day Karin's DSFDF and internet connection are back. I shouldn't have looked at all the entries submitted but I did. So with a little trepidation I'm posting mine.
I think it looks more like an illustration than a fine art painting. It could be because of the size (8x10) and the fact I used acrylic for the first time for a challenge. [yeah...that's the ticket, it's because of the size...NOT!]
I think I'll use different mediums depending on the subject matter from now on. Hugs!