My journey from a technical and strict discipline of forensic and composite art to fine art. I'm trying to unfurl my wings to fly into this new field but I'm still struggling to get out of my cocoon! "To be an artist is to believe in life." -Henry Moore (1898-1986)
Friday, May 29, 2009
More info on my Mentor
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Monday, May 25, 2009
Sunday, May 24, 2009
This is Raisin
Friday, May 22, 2009
What a face!
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
We'll have up days and down days right?
Saturday, May 16, 2009
New work from my SPCA
Friday, May 15, 2009
Is it Art or Illustration?
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Why did the chicken....
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Can we say "avoidance"?
Monday, May 11, 2009
Sunday, May 10, 2009
Happy Mother's Day
Friday, May 8, 2009
Thursday, May 7, 2009
What was I thinking?
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Cynthia of Oasis Writing Link (OWL)
has honored me with this colorful and dynamic award. What a charming acknowledgement of my efforts here at OWL blog. Thank you, Cynthia!
Here is a description of the award
This award recognizes the following attributes:
1) The Blogger manifests exemplary attitude, respecting the nuances that pervades amongst different cultures and beliefs.
2) The Blog contents inspire; strives to encourage and offers solutions.
3) There is a clear purpose at the Blog; one that fosters a better understanding on Social, Political, Economic, the Arts, Culture, Sciences and Beliefs.
4) The Blog is refreshing and creative
5) The Blogger promotes friendship and positive thinking
Here are my responsibilities:
The Bloggers who receive this award will need to perform the following steps:
1) Create a post with a mention and link to the blogger who presented the Noblesse Oblige Award to you.
2) The award conditions must be displayed in the post.
3) Write a short article about what your blog has thus far achieved preferably citing one or more older post to support:
4) The blogger must present the Noblesse Oblige Award to blogs in concurrence with the award conditions.
5) The blogger must display the award at any location on their blog.
I'm truly honored because I have always wanted to be more than an art blog. Mainly because I had little confidence in my art and thought I would need to have stories to entertain any readers.
It's funny how writing my stories of my past life helped to bring about my Art for Saving Animals Project.
One of my first articles showed how I've always loved helping people:
My second story brought tears to some people's eyes but reminded me how I loved helping animals too:
So I guess some way, some how, the two loves melded together and became a way to still help and still develop my art through the Art Saving Animals Project.
I've also thrown in a couple of outburst regarding my personal life in regards to my kids and dealing with my ex and I do appreciate the support there. My main goal is to continue to be myself, continue to develop my art and continue to deal with life and with everything that comes toward me (good and bad) with the help of my friends.
I'd like to pass along this award to Sandy Sandy
for her inspirational blog "to keep negativity at bay."
Also to James Parker who with his lively and funny posts is always looking to make everyone's world a better place to live.
To Linda (Artwolf) whose blog was one of the first that I found to combine art and consciousness for our world and animals.
Finally Narayanan Hariharan's blog called http://bangalorea2z.blogspot.com/. He is very proud of his country, posts beautiful photos and promotes a greener environment.
Thanks and hugs to all.