Sunday, July 12, 2009

Police sketch day....


A new follower remarked that she didn't know where to find my old forensic and police sketches and that reminded me that I haven't posted one for a while. [ Most of them are in January and February if you're wondering]

This guy robbed a bank if I recall correctly and then stole a car. Most cops would think that if a crook was wearing sunglasses and a cap, there is no way a composite could be done. Thank goodness this cop took the extra time to ask if there were things about this guy that would set him apart. As you can see there were many and the witness met with me and we came up with this sketch.

This caught crook ended up having a blue ball cap with the yellow letters of "CAL" on the front. Black sunglasses with bright blue lenses, scar and tattoos.

I would have to give this witness a gold star.

9 comments:

Diane Hoeptner said...

Still hard to believe you did this type of work, Sheila! Must be nice to be such a renaissance woman! (:

Michelle said...

Nice work...I think the artist should get a gold star too!

Charlene Brown said...

A gold star for the forensic artist too!

dominique eichi said...

Gold star for everyone including catching him.
Very good likeness.

David Larson Evans said...

Hey ... looks like the guy that took my Huey Lewis tickets.

gh said...

Both you and the witness were no match for the crooks cap and sunglasses as he tried to hide his identity.
Awesome work, Sheila.
btw, I am still trying to figure out how you knew that was my son in the photograph "Boy" in my post. . .?

Lindsay said...

Great sketch and well done!!! It must be very gratifying to have caught the bad guy.
Thanks for posting this.;)

Diana Moses Botkin said...

I keep seeing your link on various comment pages, so had to finally make a visit to your blog. What interesting work!

Dean Grey said...

Sheila!

These police composites always give me the chills!

I guess it's because it puts a real face on the criminal and his/her crime.

Truly unique!

-Dean