Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Angela Again...

I've know Angela Buxbaum for a few years now after meeting her on ArtBistro.com.  She is an amazing artist, jewelry designer and poet.  I recently found out she was on Facebook too.  Like shoes for some women, she changes the style of her avatar often.  I was struck by the latest and asked permission to paint it.  It sort of turned out to be more of a caricature of her but I like it because it reminds me of Manon Doyle's style of women (which I adore!)

If she looks kind of familiar, some people may recognize her from an early post here from a different avatar.

Please visit Angela's website and check out her wonderful work.


12x12 oil on Ampersand hardboard.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Nice painting Sheila! Angela looks lovely. It does have the feel of Manon's work - which I love also! I didn't know about artbistro.com. I'll have to check it out.

Dean Grey said...

Wow!

I'm so shocked by this portrait Sheila!

It is noticeably different in the style than I normally see you paint.

Your pet portraits are almost always loose, textured, and impressionistic. But Angela's portrait is quite smooth and tight.

It's not so much of a caricature as it is an illustration. There's a difference IMHO.

I'd love to see more in this style, especially the pet paintings!

-Dean