Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Suzie Sidecar

I had a conversation with a friend I've know from high school who is also an accomplished artist. The subject matter was about what we liked to paint. I told her that I had enjoyed painting the vintage Vespas a couple years ago and she urged me to do more.

The previous paintings were plainly named "Blue Vespa, Green Vespa, etc" . I have decided to give this new one a more personalized name because Hellenne said my paintings reminded her of the animated vehicles in Pixar's Cars movie. Here you go Hellenne! Check out Hellene's blog HERE. I love how her Japanese heritage really shine through her work.

8x10 oil on stretched canvas
$100 free shipping


14 comments:

Douglas Hoover said...

Love it, Sheila! Your purples and yellow totally rock :)

Dana Cooper said...

I remember your Vespas Sheila, they were some of my favorite work of yours and this is no different. Great job!

Anthony Duce said...

Good use of the compliments. The colors look to be moving, in a state of motion.

Anonymous said...

Sheila, what a fun painting. I know there a lot of Vespa fans out there who would love to see this on their wall. The the energy in this piece.

Linda Popple said...

Fantastic, Sheila! Love your colors. Hope you'll do more!

Celeste Bergin said...

totally charming

martinealison said...

Emballant!... J'adore les couleurs. Et j'aimerais bien aller faire un petit tour des cet adorable side-car...
Bisous

Autumn Leaves said...

Sheila, you have such a strong style and such a sense of fun. I think this is absolutely delightful and find myself wishing I could go for a ride on this one!

Carol Schiff Daily Painting said...

Love it Sheila, Great drawing skills and love the compliments.

suzanneberry said...

sheila this is just amazing! i love this, it has so much character i can almost hear it speak. fun, high energy from a stationary object and an exciting palette! just perfect!

Nicki said...

I love your previous Vespa paintings and this one is fabulous too. Great use of colour!

Again, I am so glad to see that you are posting again.

Nicki

Carol Horzempa said...

Love your painting style...looks like you're have fun!

Stephen Parker said...

This is terrific, Sheila. It looks almost like a painted woodcut. Did you use a black ground?

David Larson Evans said...

This came out really good, nice work.