Friday, February 25, 2011

Katia the Custodian

There are many behind the scenes people I , like many, used to take granted for. In my earlier years, the only time I thought about custodians or other workers who help keep our work and shopping environments pleasant is when there was a problem. I used to take their consistent and hard work for granted. The later years of my career when I spent most of my time inside an office, I made it a point to learn all the custodians names and thank them every day for keeping the work space clean.

This is a custodian I saw at the SF School of Law just starting her shift when I was about to leave the show at around 8:30PM. Kind of a "Rosie the Riveter" poster-esque dedication to her and everyone in her profession.







12x35 oil on strectched canvas

6 comments:

Catherine Jeffrey said...

I've always loved your ability to see inside the person and portray who they are. This one is a perfect example. I really feel that I know something about this person,other than what whe does, by looking at the painting. Nice job!

P. Lathia said...

Wow! Sheila nice use of complementary colors! the painting is just so striking!

Carol Horzempa said...

I love your style and colors with the long format...perfect for your composition. Great job, Sheila!

Autumn Leaves said...

You know, Sheila...I learned long ago that we are all the same, we all bleed, have hurts and loves and losses...I like that you honored those that many do indeed take for granted. She is beautiful with her tools of the trade. I love her spunky character too with that fun hat!

martinealison said...

Dans cette peinture je retrouve parfaitement votre touche et le ressenti profond que vous y avez mis...
Belles couleurs...
Bisous

Dean H. said...

Love the painting plus the fine idea behind it, Sheila!

Congrats to your son for the quick sales...Excellent!