Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Throwing my son out to the wolves....

















Pyramids

*sold*




Shooting Star *sold*
[thank you very much!]




Both are 17x22, spray paint on paper.


Okay, you all are the nicest "wolves" I know. My 16 year old son Donovan took it upon himself to learn how to spray paint celestial scenes watching a couple of Youtube videos. You know that teens always take whatever mom or dad says with a grain of salt. If you could take the time to give him some feedback/constructive criticism I would appreciate it. Since mom is on a very tight budget we're going to see if he can make a little extra money for himself. Thank you!

11 comments:

Diane Hoeptner said...

I feel like howling at the moon when I look at these spraypaintings! (: Sorry, couldn't resist. Seriously though, the talent must run in the family. I especially like the threeD feeling of the pyramids!

Diana Marshall said...

Love all the textures and effects very well done.

Art with Liz said...

I think your son has produced two really good pieces here! I love different, and these are different! Nice balance and composition.

Autumn Leaves said...

I saw this type of work done on the Wharf in San Francisco. He is good, Sheila!! I'm going to email you...

Carol Schiff Daily Painting said...

Very cool stuff! He obviously takes after his mother. Talented kid!

martinealison said...

Une imagination débordante cependant remplie de sensibilité le tout dans un univers très coloré qui est loin de me déplaire...
bisous

Sheila Estep said...

Wowie! these are really terrific and your son is Talented!
I love them and been wanting to do some celestial paintings for some time now and his paintings are inspirational.

Marie Theron said...

When I saw your mom's billiard table, I thought 'book cover'! But this will really be another super cover!

Dean H. said...

I can see these would sell very quickly before the economic crunch hurt the buyer's market. They will still sell...may take a little longer. Don't be short in patience in getting started. That's merely my humble opinion.

My comment is I really like the range of contrast in these...plus the clean colors. Well done.

Carol Horzempa said...

Sheila, your son has the start of a career in art already! They look professional and he should have no problem selling them.

Oh my gosh, I just notice they are already sold! You've got to be a proud mom!

Can't wait to see more of his work!

Gwen Bell said...

These are sooooo good! What a terrific first go at it. The 3D effect and bright colors should help these sell like hotcakes to the Space crowd. Pass on my CONGRATS to him!